Recently, I’m having an interesting discussion with my friend about why people seem to spend most of their time in the kitchen during the quarantine. We came across some interesting research by We Are Social that said since the beginning of quarantine, people are fighting the boredom in the kitchen, making culinary creations became numerous and sophisticated. It is also not surprising to see that more and more recipes are appearing on our feeds with a specific hashtag or people did several challenges (dalgona coffee, milo lava cake, etc) that has become a global phenomenon. Also: did you know that there are roughly more than 369.000 mentions worldwide on social media about people sharing their bread-making ventures? Crazy how we’re all in this together!
But anyway, every people has their own way to cope with today’s situation. For me, cooking becomes a way to keep going and I find it comforting to make and eat the foods that I’ve made. It’s also very soothing and meditative (you should try!)
I’ve made oatmeal cookies earlier and it is so good! It’s crunchy yet chewy on the inside. Pretty easy to make too, so I want to share the recipe here 🙂
What you need:
- 1 cups (200g) flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100g butter, softened to room temperature
- 100g margarine, softened to room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 100g brown sugar
- 50g white sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanili
- 200g instant oats
- 1 cups chocolate chips
How to make:
- Whisk flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt on medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine butter and margarine on big bowl using mixer until it becomes smooth. add brown and white sugar, continue to mixed it, then add 2 eggs and vanili until it became more creamy.
- Put the flour that has been mixed in step 1 into the batter (step 2). continue to mix it until combined. then add oats and chocolate chips. the dough will be more sticky and thick.
- Cover the dough and chill for 45 minutes on refrigerator.
- After 45 min, roll dough into ball shape (i’m using the spoon lol) and bake for 15 minutes!
- Done! Serve your cookies with a glass of warm milk. yum! ✨
Ps: I don’t really like sweets, so I reduce the amount of sugar in this recipe. If you really like sweets, I do reccomend you to increase the amount of sugar, either the brown sugar or white sugar.
Happy baking, y’all!